Building the Sustainable Organization – 8 Structuring & 9 Behavioral Opportunities
Sustainability techniques fall into two categories; Structure and Behavior
Part 1: Structural changes supporting new tools, procedures and processes.
- Loading forms and templates into a software system and/or documented process that link to job/team/role responsibilities.
- Creating checklists to trigger new behaviors, actions, etc. that support application of new tools and techniques.
- Existing process alterations that are documented and link to the Performance Management/Review system for following and assurance of completion.
- Including competency development components in existing or new training programs for new hires and specific roles.
- Linking new practices to the strategic and annual planning documents/ process that are reviewed for progress and alignment regularly during the year.
- Linking and aligning compensation systems, recognition systems, performance systems in support of the new processes and behaviors.
- Linking and aligning new templates, processes, formats, etc. to all work processes, plans and expectations in a seamless and integrated manner.
- Intentional communication events (group and one-to-one) to review, enhance and assure the new processes are being followed.
What additional ideas do you have?