I have found the following opportunity to be a common one for most executive teams I have worked with.
- What is your three-year Vision for our future?
- What is your view of our high level Work Strategies listed by priority for the next three years?
- What is your understanding of our high level Business Goals over the next three years?
- What are the Values we live, breath and model on a day-to-day basis that all employees need to follow?
- Why do we exist as an organization? What is our Mission?
Post the questions, one at a time, or ask each one and then follow the process below.
- Ask each member to write or draw his/her answer(s) on a piece of paper. (3 to 5 minutes)
- Ask members to partner with another member and share what they wrote/drew, without judgment. (3 to 5 minutes)
- Ask members to partner with another member and share their statements or drawings then look for similarities and differences between them, without judgment. (3 to 5 minutes)
- Ask the group to share their observations, insights, similarities and differences, without judgment. (10 minutes)
- Capture these thoughts, insights, etc. on a flipchart or whiteboard.
Ask what next steps could be taken to assure a shared understanding is communicated going forward.
Before commitment is possible; understanding and agreement must be achieved.
Let us know if you would like facilitation support.Read More